Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Another finish!

As promised, it snowed all day yesterday and as predicted, about a foot of the white stuff fell from the skies. With my mobility issues, it looks like I'm going to be house-bound for the next little while.
But that's okay because I'm accomplishing a lot...or at least it feels that way. I unpacked, sorted and put away the contents of four more boxes marked "sewing room" this morning...all before 9 o'clock! There are only two boxes remaining and I'm getting a little nervous because I'm running out of room and ideas but I'm sure I'll figure something out.
I finished binding my 'mystery quilt-along' quilt a couple of days ago but only got around to taking a photo of it this morning. This is the second of two that was waiting to be bound since just before we sold our house. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out.

If you're new to my blog and this is the first time that you're hearing of my 'mystery quilt-along' quilt, you can find the links to the downloadable and printable PDF step-by-step instructions on my blog posts on the following dates...
Step 1 - July 12 and 14, 2015
Step 2 - July 22 and 23, 2015
Step 3 - August 16, 2015
Step 4 - September 3, 2015
Step 5 - September 15, 2015
Just scroll back to the blog posts on the dates indicated above and click on the links highlighted in the body of each post.
I made a few changes from my original design and decided to eliminate the prairie points because I wanted them to be 'free floating' and this would have been a real hassle considering it was going to be machine, edge-to-edge quilted.

Happy stitching!

20 comments:

Janet O. said...

Such a warm and scrappy finish! It looks so cozy, and should help make your new home feel that way. : )

Wendy Caton Reed said...

You are on a roll! Hope your new year will be filled with fun and lots of quilting.

Lesley said...

This quilt is beautiful! Well done and love the edge to edge design. Awesome!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful quilt--a great project for the homebound

Marsha B said...

It's beautiful! Glad you are getting all settled, too.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Oh my, I really like this one. What great colors. Thank you for sharing.

Gayle said...

I'm always super productive this time of year too - what a great finish to your wonderful scrappy quilt!

Ariane said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I just love it!!!

Sara said...

This is beautiful. I could use a good snow day to spend in my sewing room. We had about 10 inches of new snow last Saturday (in South Dakota) but I had a house full of family to enjoy. No sewing!

Maria said...

Looks fabulous ! On the "to do list " for me.
Happy and healthy 2016.

Leeanne said...

Oh so yummy! I love the braid border. Enjoy your snow, here in New Zealand we are having a hot dry summer!

Anita said...

Your quilt is amazing and you do beautiful work!!

Carli The Quilter said...

Kaaran,

This is a beautiful finish. I hope to post my finish of this quilt along this spring time sometime when I get it all done.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wonderful finish Kaaren,
what a beautiful quilt, congratulations.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Kris said...

Fabulous quilt, Kaaren!! Hope you are enjoying your new digs!!

Unknown said...

It's another gorgeous quilt, Kaaren. Thank you for sharing the design and links.
Happy New Year!!

:)

Pam in IL said...

The quilt is beautiful! Wishing you and Mr. PQ a very happy and healthy 2016!

Lori said...

It turned out so gorgeous! The quilting is wonderful.

Browndirtcottage said...

This one is so comfy cozy. It should make you feel right at home again!

Kay Jay said...

I just pulled fabric from my stash last weekend to start mine. I can't believe it was July when you posted the instructions. I guess I'm better late than never!